Autor/Artista: David Berkman
Formato: Livro - CD - Partitura - Espiral - 142 páginas
* The Jazz Singer's Guidebook cobre todos os requisitos de treinamento instrumental, teórico e de percepção que você precisa para obter o controle da música que você está cantando!
"I highly endorse this book for singers and sure wish it had been on the scene when I was growing up."
- Sheila Jordan, jazz singer
Finally, a clear, step-by-step approach for serious singers who want to improve their grasp of jazz harmony and gain a deeper understanding of music fundamentals.
Learn to accompany yourself, write lead sheets, understand the structure of the music, and improve your scatting.
The Jazz Singer's Guidebook covers all the instrumental, theoretical and ear training requirements that you need in order to gain control of the music you are singing!
The Jazz Singer's Guidebook will change how you hear music and make you a better singer, as well as give you the tools to develop your singing in directions you may not have thought possible.
- The basic piano skills necessary to accompany yourself.
- The harmonic basis of the melody of songs
- How to vary melodies
- How to develop a greater awareness of the important harmonic details of songs.
- How to write a lead sheet and how to evaluate the chord changes that are on a lead sheet
- How to hear tensions and chord tones on chords
- How to know and hear the appropriate chord scale for each chord change
- How to improvise from chord scales
- Ways to improve your intonation for scatting
- Plus hundreds of suggestions and exercises for scatting, composing, transcribing, understanding jazz vocabulary and increasing what you have to say as an improvising musician.